[at-l] Re: My Gear Pt 1

My two man is the older version of the Eureka Mountain Pass,
(The big brother of the Zephyr) before they added the new features.
(a larger vestibule and a second door added a pound  to
what used to be a fine light weight tent).  The closest thing
to it now is the Backcountry2 approx 5lb 4oz.

***I have an older Eureka tent with the large vestibile and 2 doors - I love it!  And those are 2 features that I love about it!  I'm almost afraid of what I'm going to find when I need to shop for a new one - those are definitely features that I'm willing to carry the extra weight for.

As to sleeping bags, if you can tolerate a mummy style you can save
a lot of weight.  I can't yet so my semi rect bags are heavier than
the norm. I don't have url's for them but my 50* bag came from Campore
and weighs about 2lbs, my 30*came from LLbeam and weighs about 3.4
lbs.
This is my next purchase...I'm looking for a good 0* degree bag...and
I WILL have it before the next RUCK <g>.

***I have a semi-rec bag too - don't think I can tolerate the mummy style yet - my packing partner has one and HATES it!  Can't blame him - I like the ability to move easily.

I'm one of those oddballs that likes a exterior frame pack <g>,
but to my mind, it's foolish to carry a pack that weighs more
than 5 pounds empty.  My winter packs (  Camp Trails Mckinley)
weighs 4lbs 10 and is really too big for what I carry so eventually I
may switch to a Adjustible II and save almost a pound.

***Yea - that would be part of the problem.  My internal frame isn't the lightest thing out there, but then we're back to that $$ issue.  I will do much better next time, now that I know more about what to look for in a pack - it's not going to happen now though.