[at-l] my hike so far

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest ken knight <krkonat@hotmail.com>.
* Please use <mailto:krkonat@hotmail.com> to reply to the sender.

I know I promised to write more often, but this is only the second time I have been at a library with i\Internet access. It is just the second time I have looked.

I am in Waynesboro, Va. and Ihave had a great time out here. I've seen many great sights from McAfee Knob to the Tye River and Grayson Highlands. I've met interesting people on and off the trail including resident trail angles like Piney and the Williams.  I stopped, for 15 hours, at Rustys and though I found the place intriguing I still don't quite know why some people spend weeks there (each to his/her own).

For the most part the hiking has been good too. The trail has had its share of damn blasted rocky sections and those are a real pain, but ithas had plenty of good footing sections too. I was really expecting some parts to be much worse than they were.

I've not actually passed every white blaze. I've walked along the Blue Ridge Parkway some to really enjoy the overlooks and I've taken a couple blue blaze trails like the Mau-Har Trail too. I'm certainly not a purist.

It has been a great experience.

  ** Ken **