Re: [at-l] Hydration systems

I don't use the bleach straight.  Just an oz in a sink full of water will
do.  I've been doing this for about 3 years now and it doesn't seem to
bother the Playpus or the Gregory at all.  Since I use my system for my job
as well, I do it about once a month at home, too.
Cricket

The bleach hasn't hurt the bladder or hose at all?  That was my concern with
using
bleach (and thus the reason that I just replaced everything - lots of
ickies!)

Denise

>>> "Cricket" <D_Blick@email.msn.com> 06/12/00 09:29AM >>>

For long-distance hikes I soak the bladder and hose over-night in a sink
full of bleach water about once a month.  This keeps the ickies (algae, I
think) from growing inside the hose.