[at-l] Hydration Systems

Hey, Gutsy....not sure if the e-mail address I've got for you is current. I've been playing with hydration systems for a couple of weeks now. Ignoring weight, which isn't all that bad, the MSR wins hands down. The bags are coated nylon so are very tough. The bite valves are unbelievable...I can put my set up in a chair, dangle the hose to the floor, and set on it...not a drop leaks out. If you remember, I'm not exactly dainty at 215 pounds. I've never seen any bite valve shut off that well. It also has a great flow rate. I bummed a spare hose to bag cap from MSR and made an adapter to my Sweetwater filter. It all works. I use a 2 liter Dromlite for the hydration system and a 4 liter Dromlite for my spare water/pillow filler. That does a great job of stopping pillow scoot...=o) Take care. Maybe I'll see you at the next Trail Days or on the trail.
Jerry

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001