[at-l] info sought on 3 month/12-15 week throughhike

1) Anybody on the list have direct experience with a 3 month (12-15 week)
throughhike?

2) Anybody know an *email* address (etc) of anybody with direct experience?

I am entertaining, lightly at this point, a three monther next year, perhaps
bracketing June 21st, 2001 -- something like May, June, and July. Just
investigating, mind you.....

I recall from way back that 3 months was about the shortest time period/
dividing line between a self-sustained backpacking trek and a something
closer to an athletic event. This is a values call about which I have deeply
held opinions, but I'm definitely seeking the former. I'm going to hit the
Rodale AT volumes, as I recall a couple of good stories (3 month range) in
there stemming from the 60's.

Thanks for all replies.

=====
Sloetoe

   "I strive to be the man my children think I am."