[at-l] [Re-] Introduction

Hi.

It's been a while -- about 2 years -- but I'm ready to
rejoin this list.  Before I re-upped, I checked the March
archives and noticed that the list is still a "family" of
opinionated folks (the March argument was about
Taking Technology On The Trail) -- and that some of
those folks are the same as two years ago.  I recognized
Red, Felix, and Solarbear without working very hard at
it. :-)

I left the list because my parents both died, and the resulting
depression slowed me down enough that if I had read the
list postings, I would have had no time for anything else. :-)

I am rejoining the list because a buddy of mine just moved
to VA, and I am planning to go on some short backpacking
trips (weekend, mebbe a week later this season) on the AT.

Starting this *coming* weekend.

I'll hit y'all with some questions in another posting.

  -Tom Williams