Re: [at-l] guns vs cell phones at 50 paces?

>> My personal opinion is that neither of these items belong on the trail.
>If
>> I was so fearful of my personal safety that I felt that either was
>> nessecary, I think I would just stay home.  > Jim

Ya know as I re-read this, I don't think I can let it pass by the second
time.

I don't EXPECT to become fearful on the Trail, but something might happen
that causes me to become so -- a rattler starts shaking his tail, a swarm of
yellowjackets comes at me, the rocks I'm using to cross the stream are
slipperier than I thought, a dead limb falls right next to my sleeping bag,
an animal carts my food off, a skunk walks into the shelter, (all of these
and more have occured in my many years of hiking)  ---- but I don't believe
I should stay at home because I might become fearful of my personal safety
!.

I might get into an auto accident, I might choke on my food, I might
smother, but that doesn't stop me from driving my car, eating or sleeping.

All of life is full of risks.  Know your risks.  Take no un-necessary risks
and remember that there are no 'necessary' risks.  Walk to the edge, but
keep your balance.

See ya on the Trail if not at Trail Dayz, Coosa