Re: [at-l] guns vs cell phones at 50 paces?

I'll bet I can shoot that cell phone out of your hand at 50 paces with my
gun! :)
My personal opinion is that neither of these items belong on the trail.  If
I was so fearful of my personal safety that I felt that either was
nessecary, I think I would just stay home.  On the AT, other hikers will be
by within a few hours at most, more likely within a few minutes.  If an
emergency occurs where I won't last a couple of hours, the phone or gun
isn't going to help me much anyway.  Besides, guns are heavy and phones are
annoying.  I have a concealed carry license for my gun, and am required to
stay linked to my job with a cell phone.  One of the main reasons I head to
the woods is to escape from both of them.

Good Hiking,
Jim