Re: [at-l] toting sticks?

In a message dated 05/14/2000 3:15:39 PM EST, pmags@juno.com writes:

<< You know the oft mentioned "10 things people say to hikers
 T-shirt". I think a new one can be added "You going skiing? HAHAHAHA". >>

As a matter of fact, Mags...
On my very first backpacking trip -- using Lekis, which I'd borrowed earlier
in the year from Gypsy and found enough of a boon for my knees that I bought
some myself -- I had to pass through a ski resort. The trail ran up and over
its peaks, right through the busy funnel of folks hopping off the ski lifts
and on to the runs.

You should have seen the looks I got because I was wearing a BACKPACK!

Cheers, Navigator