Re: [at-l] Sodium

Can you say "conversion"?

--- Orange Bug <orangebug74@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Obviously, you are reacting to something other than the issue of water
> and judicious use of electrolyte solutions. I hope this is making your
> life feel more valued. You have my concern and sympathy.
>
> However, you do not have my attention. Some of us have careers and
> responsibilities that require our efforts be spent in productive
> endeavours. Responding to your rants has not productive. You are
> communicating very effectively, just not about rehydration strategies.
> I wish you well in finding affirmation.

### Well, OB, at least your ad hominem's are a *little* less obscure, but now
you're working hard on that passive aggressive thing.

### Maybe if you responded, even once, to the research question... I've done
everything but hit return on your keyboard for you, but you want to make it
something else at every turn. Am I honked now? No, "pissed off" is a much
better term.
But let's be clear about something: I DON'T GIVE A SHIT who gets credit for
being right or being wrong. I DO give a shit about the truth, and this list
-- this cybervehicle for information, socialization, *affirmation* (Oooooo!);
which provides (along with bouts of really sorry humor) TREMENDOUS amounts of
information to backcountry travelors' long term and near term needs. To the
extent ANY of it is less than it could be, we EACH OF US has a responsibility
to speak up. If there is a difference of opinion, that should be openly
examined.
EVERY TIME we increase the economy, comfort, or constructive challenge of
Appalachian Trail activities for listers, we increase the likelyhood that
such activity prospers. ANY TIME that bad information is transmitted, the
list and the Appalachian Trail community suffers. This is the nature of this
cybercommunity. Community -- for good or ill.
"Socialization"? "*Affirmation*"? You bet. Though you would denigrate them,
they are a major part of what this cybercommunity is about. You posted trip
reports, multiple posts, to recount for us your travels through North
Carolina a month ago. What in God's name makes you think anybody here gives a
rat's ass about you or your stinking, hygiene-challenged hump up and down
mountains which were negotiated by perfectly good roads *decades* ago?
"Affirmation", perhaps? Don't knock it. You expected and rightly received
affirming feedback from the community to which you belong. Me included, I
hope -- those were great posts.

Fuck a duck.
I'm going to sleep.
I've got a race in the morning.
60-some degrees and thundershowers expected.
We're all gonna broil.

=====
Sloetoe

   "Once in a while, you get shown the light --
    in the strangest of places, if you look at it right."