Fw: [at-l] Cheerio in the Smokies

He said I could post to the List -- would like additional opinions, I think,
having just hiked a few trails in the Smokies that my opinion would be
similar to Cherrio's -- ALSO, I think I get intimidated by people in uniform
who have me sign up for shelters or state my itinerary.   I don't like that
kind of structure when I backpack.  That and chain link fences send chills
down my spine.    I still want to find a way to skirt most or all of the
Smokies.  What about a westerly route that avoids the Smokies all togehter?
Or an Easterly Route?

How about a NEW trail that parallels the AT?

Silly me, Coosa