Re: [at-l] Don't drink the water!

In this case, the iodine is for virus. You can simply put a Voyager filter
in a PUR Hiker (for instance) to get purification with filtration plus
iodine. In your case, a small amount of iodine (1/2 cap of Polar Pure) may
be quite sufficient after the Katadyn has done its stuff. A very short wait
is all that is needed as viruses keel over to iodine much quicker than
Giardia will.

In any case, bring Pepto-Bismol tabs with you to Mexico as this will help
treat the TD, should you get it. You probably should also talk with a real
world doc before going, in order to get advice on other preventions and
supplies to take.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA