[at-l] VA section hike info, please!

Hi gang-
  I'm planning to pick up where I left off last December at Rockfish
Gap/Waynesboro, VA next week.  I expect to be on the trail 10 or 11 days and
end either at US11 near Troutville or VA624 depending on how my knees feel.
Some questions:

1.  Where's the best place to park at Rockfish Gap?  When I got off the
trail there last time, I forgot to look around.
2.  Any problems with water availability?  (I wouldn't think so this time of
year, but ya never know).
3.  Are the blackflies out yet?
4.  Is there any local bus service between Roanoke (or even better,
Troutville) and Waynesboro?  Greyhound has very limited service. It leaves
Roanoke very early in the a.m. and it would be hard for me to get from the
trail to the bus station in time to get a bus without spending a night in
Roanoke.
5.  Any other tips, suggestions, or warnings?
Thanks in advance,
Big Blue Frog