Re: [at-l] Photon light users - HELP!

Get 2 or 3. I use the Orange Photon II for hiking and marking the vestibule
rope on my Nomad. Orange is pretty bright, preserves night vision fairly
well, and allows you to click and keep it on. In my Nomad I have a Green
Photon I clipped to the top of the tent. This is good for reading and tick
checks, makes only a soft glow that is not too objectionable to other
campers, and is dirt cheap. You can attach a clip or screw thingy to make
it stay on, but I've found that rarely necessary.

I carry 2 orange Photon II's, one clipped in my hiking pants and one on my
compass, whistle lanyard. I have seen one unhappy camper disassemble his
Photon II in shelter as it stuck partially in the ON position (or wet from
sweat?). He said at least 2 others had the same problem to his personal
knowledge. A pen knife did a fairly good job as a Phillips jeweler's screw
driver.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA
nursing a bad URI - throat is sore, so it ain't hantavirus!