Re: [at-l] Photon light users - HELP!

"Mara Factor" <m_factor@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so I've decided to buy a photon light or two.  How do I decide which
> ones to buy (If they were cheaper, I'ld buy 'em all  :-)!  I've looked at
> the web site and still have a hard time figuring out which to buy.
[clip]
> So...  which photon lights have you used?  Under what circumstances?  And
> did you like them (or not)?
>
> Do you have any recommendations for which one or two to buy?
[clip]

I used the yellow light with the switch. I put it on a cord that was just
large enough to wear as a headband, and it made a passable hands-off light
for writing in my journal. I wore it to bed as a necklace more often than
not so it was always available when I needed it in the middle of the night.

I liked the yellow one because it seemed to light up the ground the best.
Since I used it mostly to find my way to the privy at night and to write in
my journal, it needed to throw more light on dark surfaces like dirt, rocks
and tree-roots than the red one would throw.

I do own a red one and use it stargazing with the Scouts. It's great for
reading the star chart. I don't use it to walk from camp to the clearing and
back though...

-p

---
Paddler