Re: [at-l] to compass or not to compass?

I agree, unless of course you are near a town, then the trail that leads
DOWN will be north. Further applying your rule, if the trail leads down
in both directions, than the steeper route leds north. Now if you if you
happen to be camped out close to two towns and the trail doesn't go up
or down ( see PA ) then the path with more rocks is the one that leads
north. And lets face it, with the price of Yuengling and the number of
towns, you are most likely to get disorented in PA than any other state.

-Chomp
-http://chomp99.trailstories.com