Re: [at-l] Sleeping bags, socks, and gear

OK, I'll pipe in here with my observations from last year regarding fleece
bags...

Most liners are 100 weight fleece.  Even in the summer, there were times
when I was with people who got uncomfortably cold when they were using
fleece liners as their sleeping bags.

I tend to sleep cold so was not really considering a fleece bag as an option
until I came across a mummy style 200 weight fleece bag with drawstring hood
and good footbox.  I also kept my silk liner for the duration.  With this
combination, I was quite comfortable through the summer months.

Under no circumstances would I recommend anyone try to get through the
Whites with anything less than a good bag (not fleece).  A 40 degree bag
might be enough in the summer if you sleep warm and know the weather will be
warm.  I usually use my 20 degree bag there through the summer months and
have been thankful to have it on a number of occasions when the temperature
dropped below freezing.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99