[at-l] Web Quest on AT

A friend of mine who teaches 8th grade has put together a Web Quest
project for her Masters Degree and is using this teaching tool to
introduce her class to the Appalachian Trail. Prior to this project, she
knew next to nothing about the AT. I suggested books, various websites,
this list, and other sources to her. She constructed a website that
directs their study.

She is now using this technology in her class and is getting a great
response. Most students here haven't even heard of the AT and
hiking/backpacking certainly isn't  a top 100 sport/hobby around
Edwardsville. She asked me to post the url to the list for any
constructive feedback this august body may have. You can send your
comments privately to me or post them to the list. Please remember, the
site is targeted to 8th graders. Thank you.

http://www.plantnet.com/amharris/ATWEBQUEST1.html

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com