Re: [at-l] New uses for used stuff?

KarenS62@aol.com wrote:

> If you have access to a flea market or anyplace where they sell cheap stuff,
> you can usually get those fake chamois (the ones that are four for $5.00) and
> come is fashion statement colors like non-flourescent orange and cyanotic
> blue. A quarter of one of these works just as well those high tech
> backpacking towels with the snap attached ($5 - $19 at REI).

And the mice are going to chew holes in either model. I got rid of my
camp towel knock-off and now use one-quarter of a bandana with a small
alligator clip stitched to one end. Other uses for the other quarters:
handkerchief (as in tissue substitute), pot grabber/general kitchen
towel/mop.

I also use a mylar wine box liner in place of a water bag. It carries
easily in an open mesh bag (like the kind you buy onions in).

Give Me Chocolate