[at-l] Lake Winfield Scott

	For those who are planning to come to the AT-L campfire on Easter
weekend, here's the scoop on Lake Winfield Scott, straight from the USFS
by phone this morning.  The campground is on "off-season" status until
approx. May 5th.  This means the water is shut off, and the larger loop of
campsites, including the group campsite, is closed.  I've been there
before in off-season and it was wonderfully quiet--heaven only knows what
it will be like after the AT-L arrives!  There's a small section of
campsites that are open.  There's a pit toilet.  BRING YOUR OWN JUGS
OF WATER.  The cost has gone up to *$5.00* per day ($10/day regular
season).  No hook-up's.
	I will be in Whittier, NC the Thursday night before, and that's
about 90 miles away.   I should be able to get to LWS before, or by, noon
on Friday.  Before the end of the day on April 12, my last day at work
before vacation, those planning to attend should let me know that, and
also whether they want an individual site or are willing to share with one
other tent.  When I get there, I will put some gear at each of the sites
we need, thereby "reserving" them.  I will assume we would like sites next
to, or across the road from, each other unless I hear otherwise.
	No mini-golf, no showers, but bring photo albums, campfire
stories, whatever, and we'll make our own FUN!  Let me know if you're
bringing popcorn or s'mores fixins.  See y'all there.
	-- eArThworm