Re: [at-l] contact lenses on trail?

I agree, partially. I had severely bad myopia and astigmatism. After a
chemical burn that ruined my ability to use contacts, I was very upset
losing peripheral vision and being unable to see on awakening. I had used
extended wear contacts and slept with them.

I had RK, radial cuts in my corneas. This has been very good, but vision
varies with age, time of day and fatigue. As I age, presbyopia (trouble
reading newsprint and PDR) has set in. I only see 3 stars in Pleiades
(previously 5 with contacts). But there are no contacts and reading glasses
are much more convenient.

Newer and reversible procedures are being developed. The RK is a permanent
laceration in my corneas, and could result in explosion of my eyes if I am
ever in a decompression event. Be real clear about your expectations and
the potential downsides of _any_ medical and surgical therapy.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA