Guide Books was: Re: [at-l] introduction

 There are 12 official guide sets Book and Maps.
1.  Maine
2.  New Hampshire/Vermont
3.  Massachussetts/Connecticut
4.  New York/New Jersey
5.  Pennsylvania
6.  Maryland/Northern Virginia
7.  Shenandoah National Park
8.  Central Virginia
9.  Southwest
10. Virginia
11. Tennessee/North Carolina
12. North Carolina/Georgia

13. Appalachian Trail Data Book
A consolidation of the most basic guidebook information into a lightweight
table of distances between major Appalachian Trail shelters, road-crossings,
and features--divided according to the guidebook volumes and updated each
December to account
for Trail relocations, new (or removed) shelters, and other changes.

14. Appalachian Trail Thru-hikers' Companion
The Appalachian Trail Conference and a group of A.T. thru-hikers collaborate
on a guide especially designed for potential thru-hikers who want the
basicinformation for a five- to six-month trek in the woods, at a reasonable
price, but also want the adventure of finding out the extras for themselves.
With research by more than a dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states, backed
by the first-hand information of the
Trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers.

All of the above can be ordered from the ATC's Ultimate Trail Store:

There MAYBE another one, The Thru-Hikers Handbook.

Wildbill