[at-l] killing mice and sleeping---

>My partner and I stayed in Muskrat Creek Shelter (just barely into North
Carolina) one stormy night. The shelter roof and floor were both very
"active," very "live." <

When we stayed at Muskrat Shelter a number of years ago, we put up our tent.
Before I start a ruckus, we were the only people there that night.  Anyway,
the mice actually used the tent for a trampoline.  They would jump down onto
the top of the tent and slide down to the floor!  It was amazingly awful!
That long tapered back on the shelter is an excellent festering place for
mice, since humans don't normally crawl all the way back there.  Leslie