RE: [at-l] killing mice and sleeping---

> Leslie Booher wrote:
>
> >My partner and I stayed in Muskrat Creek Shelter (just
> barely into North
> Carolina) one stormy night. The shelter roof and floor were both very
> "active," very "live." <
>
> When we stayed at Muskrat Shelter a number of years ago, we
> put up our tent.
> Before I start a ruckus, we were the only people there that
> night.  Anyway,
> the mice actually used the tent for a trampoline.  They would
> jump down onto
> the top of the tent and slide down to the floor!  It was
> amazingly awful!
> That long tapered back on the shelter is an excellent
> festering place for
> mice, since humans don't normally crawl all the way back
> there.  Leslie

It must be something about the mice in that area, I stayed at Deep Gap
Shelter (the next one south) and the mice jumped from the floor of the loft
above, landed on the foot of my sleeping bag and then scampered back
upstairs to do it again! Wheee! What fun!

It was (is) a really beautiful shelter, but...

Lee I Joe