[at-l] Sleeping pads (was more boring gear talk)

As someone who can only sleep on a full length deluxe thermarest, I advocate
using the lightest pad on which you can get a good night's sleep.

If I could sleep on it, I think the Z-rest rates highest in convenience,
followed by any other (rolled) closed cell foam pads.

If you can deal with the 3/4 length pad and still sleep, all the better to
save even more ounces.  Wish I could...

Sleep however, is important and you can't go without a good night's sleep
for very long so use whatever kind of pad you know will allow you to sleep.
If you can, borrow a variety of pads from friends and try sleeping on them
at home.  There were plenty of people out there on the trail this year who
slept just fine on the z-rest and then there were plenty of people out there
like myself, who required the thicker Thermarest.  YMMV.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99