Re: [at-l] Marine Recruits

It you believe this, then you will also believe, you owe me a Million
Dollars? :-)

Wildbill
US Army, retired

In a message dated 02/24/2000 12:44:43 PM EDT, dkiefer@JJG.com writes:

<< I was told recently that the US Army, specifically the 10th Mountain
 Division, used the AT to "transport" recent graduates of Infantry basic
 training, from Ft. Benning to Ft. Drum.   This only occurred during the mid
 to late 80's as the Division was being reactivated, and large numbers of
 soldiers were being moved from GA to NY along the AT.  They reportedly moved
 in platoon or company size elements over a period of time.  This would have
 taken several months to years as a division of infantry (excluding support
 personnel) would have about 5,000 line troops, and there would have been a
 "graduating class" leave every couple of weeks.