[at-l] more boring gear talk

In a message dated 2/24/00, 2:29:43 PM, kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<<, (<3lb pack, 2lb bag, 3lb shelter)>>

People in my office are looking at me funny.  I fell off my chair because I
was laughing so hard.

My pack, tent and bag weigh about 16+ pounds.

Now - the tent I can improve.  Mom bought the walrus when we thought we'd be
sharing it.  So soon I will be in the market for a one person tent.  The
sleeping bag I want weighs about 2lbs 10 ozs or something.  But I can't do
anything about the pack - because I will NEVER carry a different one for any
length of time.  I love my pack.

So - conceivably I can get down to 10 or 11 pounds . . . But EIGHT?   :)
Well - goals are a good thing to have, right?  Someday my pack will weigh a
lot less - most likely when I start making more money <g>.  In the meantime -
every couple of ounces I CAN save . . . well, by golly . . .which effectively
rules out the titanium pot for now, huh? - regardless of its relative merits
- or lack thereof  - it's still way too expensive for me.

:)

The Redhead