Re: [at-l] killing mice & sleeping

L. Parker wrote:

> Interesting you should mention things dropping on the roof. Last winter we
> spent a night at the Dripping Springs Shelter in GSMNP. There is a large
> Buckeye tree at one rear corner of the shelter. <snip>  we also had to deal with a torrential rain storm > pounding on the tin roof, and
buckeyes, LOTS of buckeyes, falling on the
> roof and then rattling down the roof and off it in the rain. I don't think
> any of the five people in the shelter slept a wink.

My partner and I stayed in Muskrat Creek Shelter (just barely into North
Carolina) one stormy night. The shelter roof and floor were both very
"active," very "live." The thunder was enough noise, but the hail and
rain made us feel like we were sleeping in the middle of the kettle drum
convention (or an industrial-sized popcorn popper). Actually, I enjoyed
it and was lulled to sleep, all the while wishing I could stay awake to
enjoy it all...

Chocolate