Re: [at-l] Why?- I think he's got it!

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain!!!!   to quote Professor
Higgins!

I think you have it, sir, the answer to the quest!

Those who promote the :"specialness" of hiking the AT or for doing anything
are those from whom such publicity will 'raise awareness' (or MoNeY?) from
such publicity.

AND, my hiker-friend, (and I hope I can call you that!) MY PrObLeM with the
publicity raised by "Jock the Dancer" (not original with me) is that he
raised MoNeY (the Love of Which is the Root of All Evil) not for 'Some Cause
or Other" BUT For His Own Income (as well).  IF he had publicized that he
was raising this money and would NOT be accepting a salary from HIS
Organization for the next -- year, two years, 5 years?  and would NOT be
taking ANY money for his own 'expenses' or 'salary' or 'benefits' or in any
way profit from the money he raised -- I wouldn't be writing this!  (Heck I
wouldn't have gotten this upset!)

There you have it.  Some have wondered why it bothered me so much, and I
think **Ken** has come as close to anyone to revealing the reason to ME, and
now I to you.

Thank you **Ken** -- "the horse is dead" and "the fat lady has sung"
llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Coosa