Re: [at-l] Re: purity

> The world has a lot of liars and cheats. Making rules about what is/isn't
> thru-hike won't get rid of them.

This has got me thinking,,,,I know bad idea. But why do people feel like
they have to lie? My sister's husband is the same way. He says he was in nam
and saved a helicopter from crashing (first off,,,he can't fly a
helicopter),,,anyway,,,he lies about everything. I guess it is hard for
someone that works as a janitor to admit to being a janitor,,and why? cause
society looks down on janitors and up to heroes! Just a thought.
    Same on the AT,,,if you don't thru hike (even if injury got you off the
trail), if you aren't a purist, if you didn't do etc,,,,people think less of
you,,,example the purists think they have hiked the right way and you didn't
(not all purists) but I had a few that said I was missing the AT experience
cause I wasn't a purist! anyway,,point being,,,maybe if we didn't judge one
another so harshly,,,they wouldn't have to lie to live up to what is
considered the "best."
    KC's disclaimer: The above statements are not directed at any certain
party or parties. No animals were hurt during the writing of this e-mail.
All flames should be directed towards the outside of the room. If a siren
goes off,,get under your desk and get into the fetal position. Have a good
day. KC