Re: [at-l] or deluxe bivy

Patch, my experience with the OR Bivi has not been all that good, but not
bad either. I've found the fabric doesn't breath as well as my Early
Winters bivi which is made from a much lighter weight Gore-Tex. When it's
raining and you have to zip up, all your breath goes into the bivi. You
aren't likely to have any soak through problem, but I prefer a bivi that
allows me to form a small "hole" at my mouth so I'm not breathing into
the bag. I do like the "hoop" and the condensation problem isn't as bad
in cold conditions. The bivi is well made. I think you will enjoy it and
with the top down the stars are wonderful. After 18+ years of biving,
year round now, if you don't mind a little discomfort when it's raining
it's the way to go. My 11 y o son likes to bivi too. I'm now in the
process of making a new one.

bivi on

woodelf

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:59:18 -0500 Patch <tdraffen@home.com> writes:
> got mine yesterday, tested it out in the living room for
> sleep-a-bility.
> Let's just say don't be clausterphobic?  Love it though.. Anyone
> here had
> good experience field time with it in the rain? Any soaking through,
> dampness on your bag from being against the material?etc..

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.