Re: [at-l] On Line AT-Guide

>From: ATnavi@aol.com
>Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:55:32 EST
>My sister Sal and I sit on our perch at the aptly named Irish Pub in
>Thamel,
>nursing our Everest beers, laughing, as one by one the fresh tourists
>appear,
>guidebooks in hand, to Kathmandu's busiest "tourist" intersection. They'd
>look in their book, look up, see the sign: Alice's Restaurant.

WAIT ONE MINUTE!  If I remember correctly, you didn't need a guidebook to
find Alice's restaurant.  Just had to follow your nose.  Isn't that the
italian place with the absolutely fantastic pizzas (even by "western"
standards) - served lawsuit hot - right out of the oven - still in their
cast iron pans that kept cooking until long after the pizza was gone.  No
worries about getting sick eating there.  :-)

Or wait, am I thinking about the restaraunt around the corner in the other
direction across from the bookstore and building that got demolished in the
three weeks I was on my trek.  :-(

I'll have to go check my journal and guidebook ;-) at home.  Hee hee.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99