Re: [at-l] Sensitivity around our campfire

Solar Bear wrote:

> There is a whole category of creatures for whom I can
> exclaim my utter abhorrence.  These are the trademarked
> characters of the corporate giants. Created in the minds
> of marketers, these hideous beings assault us in all of
> the popular media.  Their presence is meant solely to
> induce us to spend excess dollars on the products and
> services they represent.  With me, at least, their existence
> accomplishes the exact opposite result.

Really? You mean them evil corporations didn't coerce you into
buying their products? You actually had a choice? Amazing. If
only government worked like that.

Your dollars are a greater agent of good than you might realize.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/money.htm

http://www.attackcartoons.com/camel.GIF

> Whatever happened to the lovely and gentle older woman who
> represented Aunt Jemima?  In their shameless nod toward
> political correctness, the makers of the mix and the syrup
> replaced her image with one that looks positively ageless
> and raceless.  It's enough to make me want to regurgitate my
> pancakes.

That's nothing. You should see the new racially (and sexually)
ambiguous Jesus. He doesn't even look at all like Jeffrey Hunter.
What's up with that crap?

> It is my sincere hope that I have not offended anyone by
> any statements in this post.

<heh, heh> Sure.

Adios,
MF