Re: [at-l] Sensitivity around our campfire

i agree completely exept on one point smoky the bear and the frog of similar
fame in canada(or at least i think it was forest fire frog dont ask me i am
not a canadian yet) ...  and the few cretures that exist that promote good
things.   true they are far and few but worth it to teacher chilkdren and
adults things.. like the Mr. Yuck that was put on poison containers for a
while.

AND! AND! AND! what is whith you and anunt jemina... what are you doign
eating sugar on pancakes you shoudl know better than to put anything but
REAL maple syrup on a pancake YUCK .. in fact aunt jeminma shoudl get a big
mr yuck right on her forhead.  my parents grew up in the new england and new
york areas and i was brought up with that mentality

oh and real good apples.  why eat soggy apples. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

<this is in jest everyone have a good day all>

Wisperlight

> We've gotten pretty good in our pose of 21st century sensitivity,
compassion
> and enlightenment.  That only mention of Dan Bruce and Bill Bryson can
> temporarily crack through the facade is a testament to your forbearance
and
> maturity.
>
> I wish I were so mature for I'd like to discuss my failings in this area.
> There is a whole category of creatures for whom I can exclaim my utter
> abhorrence.  These are the trademarked characters of the corporate giants.
> Created in the minds of marketers, these hideous beings assault us in all
of
> the popular media.  Their presence is meant solely to induce us to spend
> excess dollars on the products and services they represent.  With me, at
> least, their existence accomplishes the exact opposite result.

<snip>

> Whatever happened to the lovely and gentle older woman who represented
Aunt
> Jemima?  In their shameless nod toward political correctness, the makers
of
> the mix and the syrup replaced her image with one that looks positively
> ageless and raceless.  It's enough to make me want to regurgitate my
pancakes.

<snip>