Re: [at-l] Change of name

At 07:25 PM 2/7/00 -0600, Howard D. Lyons, Sr. wrote:

>Kristen Kupersmith wrote:
>
>> I think I'm going to go to the Trail nameless, and have my name
>> appointed out there
>
>Is "Hey, You" what we call you until you get a name? Not that there is
>anything wrong with Kristen. Mayby "Barrel maker" but that's spelled
>differently.
>--
>Turtle  GA>ME 2K
>http://www.minot.com/~turtle

I've also been thinking about another name when I finally get to go. One of
my ambitions while thru-hiking is to do some sketching and small
watercolors of what I see. Maybe I should hike as "The Artist formerly
known as Saunterer" and come up with some symbol to represent that name
when I sign registers.

Still Saunterer (for now)

Cc:            "At-l" <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          "Coosa" <coosa@alltel.net>
Date:          Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:34:53 -0500
Subject:       Re: [at-l] Books about the trail

>> wouldn't it be interesting if someone else decided to give him
>> competition by publishing a different databook?  I'd like to see how
>> the ATC handles that one.
>
>ATC publishes: the Data Book (no competition), the Guides (no competition -
>well some parts of the AT are covered in many other guide books), and they
>publish ALDHA's Companion (competition to WF's Handbook.)

I think that there is some proverb or other about the way to get someone's
attention is thru his or her pocketbook.

So how many will RAISE their hands and NOT purchase WF's book or any other
book published with WF's writ of approval?

Howling at the inequity of it all Wolf