Re: [at-l] Possum

In a message dated 2/7/2000 5:04:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paulers@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<  I never thought those things were this far north >>
 All the way up here in Mass, too.
 When I met the future Mrs TJ she'd tell me about the huge river rats they
had down in Mass. Being from Maine, I thought I know critters fairly well,
and told her repeatedly there was no such animal. Years later, after I moved
to her hometown, we were driving along and she hit the brakes, yelling "Look!
Look!" pointing at the side of road. "I told you that giant rats were real!"
She said as the Opossum crossed the road...
 TJ < had promised never to tell this story :O)