[at-l] cross post by permission

This was posted to the womyn's hiker list. The person that posted it gave me permission to post it to this list. This is NOT meant to bash,,,this is getting pretty bad,,,how many other people will be turned off to thru hike because of this man? BTW,,,for those that don't know,,I almost didn't hike because I was told by WF and MaineRose that I should NOT be on the AT because of my beliefs,,,thank Goddess,,,there where several people from both lists that privately emailed me and encouraged me to hike,,that WF and his cohorts where NOT gods of the trail (in spite of what they think of themselves). KC

> Several people have
> been thrown off his mailing lists (including KC) and while I don't believe
> Wingfoot has to date censored any of the thru-hiker journal postings,

Yes, he is this year. He has a program that won't let dirty/"taboo" words
even be entered into the journal. This started off being cuss words and
such. Then, after I posted a journal entry, thanking a whole bunch of people
from AT-L, he added a bunch of their names to the dirty word filter.
(including you, KC!!) I found that I could not type KC, War Eagle, or
Kahley.... and who knows how many other names I could not type. You're
famous, KC! There's a computer program written for you now!!

So, when I called to ask him about this, and why I couldn't post some
people's names, he told me that he was afraid that the "other" listers were
going to use MY journal as a way to sabotage him. I said, "Sorry, WF... I'm
a big girl... I don't write anything that I don't want to write. If they
were going to do that, they could sabotage you in the Guestbooks, which they
are not doing."

Also, if I've just hiked 30 miles in the rain with a sprained ankle, and I
feel like shit, I want to have the freedom to be able to write that I feel
like shit.

Also, he told me that I could NOT (absolutely NOT) participate in HATT 2000.
(Hands Across the Trail) Apparently he and Pittsburgh have a beef or
something. He said that it's not something he's involved in, so he doesn't
want it on his site. I told him that he doesn't have to be involved in
EVERYTHING.... no one expects him to be. He said that everyone expects him
to have an opinion about trail related events, though, and if they read it
in my journal, they're going to ask his opinion. I said, "Then give it to
them... or don't..... but I guarantee you that they will hear about HATT
whether I write about it or not."

So, first chance I could I moved my journal. Now I'm FREE!! I can hike my
own hike!! Woo hoo!! Besides, a journal is supposed to ENHANCE my trip, not
add more stress to it, right?