Re: [at-l] Physical Preparation

> > OK, but with that in mind, any idea what you *would* do now, if you were to throughhike next year? What might your minimum, hoped for, and optimum preparations be?

Just my opinion here, but there is no need to kill yourself to get into shape unless you have a very tight deadline. When I started my hike, I was running 20-25 miles a
week ( 4-5 miles, 4-5 times ) and going for a long day hike, 12+ miles, once every two weeks. I made sure to carry extra gear on those day hikes.

I wasn't is the best shape, but I was able to start off with 12+ mile days without too much trouble, and it appeared that I was in much less pain that others. I did my
first 20 mile day to cross into NC. My first official 0 day was Hot Springs.

-Chomp