Re: [at-l] Physical Preparation

> To get in shape for section hikes (typically 100-150 miles) I primarily
use
> a stair climber.  I've tried other things but it works best for me.  If
you
> have access to one, and it's too cold to train outside with a pack, I'd
give
> it a try.  To more closely match what I do on the trail, I take a bit
longer
> strides on the climber than most, but not enough to "bottom out" the
> machine.

you coudl also try to ay hiek with 50 to 100 gallons of water.. (ok so maybe
not that much) but bring alot of water on day hikes more weight then you
would noramlly carry... the good part about this is if you get very very
tired casue you took to much water you can dump it out or drink it or both.
and if any other hikers out there need water you got lots of it to spare

i was workgin wonders for me but then i stopped. (i am lazy at heart and
driving to and from is expensive) i think i was carring about 40 pounds of
water.among other things my pack began to weight in 50-60 pounds.  when i
packed up my 35 pound pack after that it felt liek a feather for a while.
jsut make sure you fill the water to the top of the container or it will
slosh aroudn and make your life a living hell. the mass of all that water
shifting and sloshing is almost enough to knock you on your BUTT

Wisperlight