Re: [at-l] Pot cozies (was Time to Get Ready---)

DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:

> Here I've been backpacking for, oh, nine years now - and I NEVER heard of or
> saw a pot cozy.
>
> I clearly have lead a sheltered life . . .

I was introduced to them by my Grandmother. She used to cook for
25+ on a wood stove, and had cozies that fit all her pots. She
would "simmer" on the counter, under the hand-made, quilted pot
cozies. I adapted her ccoking method to my own in the woods.

I don't simmer on the stove at all. Period.

My cooking methods are:

  o) Rehydrate dried foods in advance in cold water
  o) Put food in pot, cover with water
  o) Bring to boil on stove
  o) Remove from heat immediately and put under cozy
  o) After the appropriate simmer time, eat!

This works for anything that does not require more
than 10 minutes of simmering.

-Paddler
AT Class of 1999 GA>ME
http://paddler99.trailstories.com