Re: [at-l] a smelly resupply question

Um, after three days of hiking in the dry 100 degree heat, we all smelled -
bad, realy bad.  When possible, it's nice to be able to clean up before
going where the clean people go.  :-)

It's not always possible/practical/whatever.  Sometimes you're just going to
town for your supplies.  There's no place to clean up there.  You get over
the embarrassment because for the most part, other people don't seem to
react - or maybe they realize who you are and what you're doing.  You're
usually with others in town and often too wrapped up in whatever you're
doing to even think about it.

Remember, you usually look as bad as you smell.

BTW, if you're dripping wet, try to be as concientious as possible.  You
can't help but to drip when you go into the store but can shake off the
excess before you go in and try to contain the drips to the floor where they
are most easily mopped up.  At least if you're this wet, chances are you
probably aren't as dirty and smelly as you usually would be.  :-)

I walked into the White Wolf Inn to get a room after walking 13 miles in a
cold downpour and the proprietor asked if I enjoyed my shower before she
realized that all of my clothes were sodden and that I hadn't ever checked
in.  She handed me the key to a room and told me to check in after I had a
chance to settle in, clean up and warm up (and no need to rush, either).
They were great.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99