Re: shelter inside leantos...was Re: [at-l] bivies

At 11:07 AM 1/25/00 -0500, Felix wrote:
..clip.
>I was in several shelters with people with tents set up. This was in
December and January. This was in temps in the teens. I had no problem with
it. I would have done it my ownself if I had had a different tent (my
one-man, non-free-standing tent is very inconducive for shelter-floor
setup). We still talked and had a good time. (It takes more than the flimsy
walls of a tent to keep Felix from talking...It takes more than a
restraining otder, too) I would say that a tent should not be used IF it
will be encroaching on someone else. I would also say that people should
not be so easily encroached-upon sometimes.

I used to read a lot of science fiction when I was a young sprout. I
remember one of those 'crossing the interdimentional barrier' plot tales
once where the protagonist landed in a world with only 2 laws: 1) Don't
annoy others and 2) don't be too easily annoyed. Sorta like "hike your own
hike". Maybe he was in AT-L land.

Saunterer