Re: WYOMING SKATEBOARDER wasRe: [at-l] trailnames

>Saw a pic of same at Ironmaster's.  He was carrying something that looked
>like a paddle?
>Anyone know the story ?

I have a great pic of Wyoming Skateboarder but have not scanned it yet. He
used the paddle as his hiking pole and said it was also a great flyswatter.
We hiked with him a few days. He was an interesting guy, a real character,
and one of a kind. We enjoyed his company. He started in February carrying
about 80 pounds and there is a story he started with crampons. He always
carried at least 70 pounds.  He cooked on 1 pound propane tanks ( he always
carried 2 of them)., to whch he screwed a single burner. He reached Catawba
by mid june where he got off the trail according to the grapevine.  Later
word was that he had flipped to Katahdin and went through the wilderness
with 100 pounds and 14 days of food.

I hope to scan my picture and put it on trailjournals.com