[at-l] greetings

Hello hikers,
i just wanted to introduce myself to the group.  I am a new hiker, recently
relocated to northern Va, and work in front royal, hust about one mile from
the beginning of the shenandoah national park.  I spend all of the free time
i get day hiking and enjoy it more and more every time i go out.
I am looking forward to learning all i can about hiking.  Since i am
teacher, i dont make much money and i am interested in a pack for about
weekend to 4 day use.  they seem very expensive in the store and i dont
require anything fancy.  anyone have any suggestions i would be grateful.
thanks for putting up with me.

deadjunkie