Re: [at-l] greetings

Welcome! At last, a gear question.

First, how experienced are you with hiking, and what are you likely to want
to carry? This will help in deciding if we should tell you of ultra light
gear and such. Often, garage sales, Big Lots, and other places can be
excellent sources for inexpensive gear, such as packs. Another choice can
be building your own, which sounds daunting but can be outstanding. I'd be
glad to sell you second hand my North Face Behemoth pack with coffee
grinder and dispenser, cell phone recharger, and side air bags.

Just to warn you, we are about to get into requiring that you tell us your
gear list, and we will explain how to lighten your load and improve life in
the woods. Don't be intimidated, we are all friends around this campfire
(usually).

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA