[at-l] Re: yes, height AGAIN

At 05:00 PM 1/12/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:08:54 -0500
>From: "Coosa" <coosa@alltel.net>
>Subject: Re: [at-l] Re: height again
>
> >At 05:00 PM 1/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >>Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:51:41 -0500
> >>From: "Coosa" <coosa@alltel.net>
> >>Subject: Re: [at-l] Why am I bigger?-taller?
> >
> >>In my mind, I am the "girl from Ipanema" -- "tall and young and lovely" --
> >>and every time I can't reach the top shelf anywhere, I wish I were 5 feet
>10
> >>inches tall!
> >
> >Unfortunately, when you _are_ tall, you get to get stuff off of everyone
> >_else's_ top shelves, and change their light bulbs, clean out their
> >chandeliers, etc. because they can't reach!!  The price we pay...  :)
> >
> >Way off topic...but so's the whole thread...ah, well.
> >
> >--Sometime
>

>And toss the bear bagging rope?
>
>now it's hiking related.
>
>I'd take the chance to be tall even if I got asked to do those things --
>
>Howling Wolf

Actually, I can't throw and my bear-bagging abilities are atrocious (enough
so that a northbounder I met in New Hampshire said I must be just posing as
a thru-hiker!).  I was going to make it trail related by telling the story
of the woman I met just past Monson in Maine who was slightly on the short
side and told us all sorts of horror stories of upcoming mountains and rock
climbing and such, but finished every story by telling me, "But you should
be okay, you're tall!"  Like that would make the highest mountain into a
tiny hill.  It only got really funny after she'd said it five or six times.

Trail related enough?  :)

--Sometime
ME->VA '99