Re: [at-l] shrimp,walking into manchester

At 8:59 PM -0500 1/9/00, Christopher Wood wrote:
>shrimp are great for the trail after mt fiasco trying to dehydrate salmon
>(the smell was terrible)

i had great success dehydrating leftover baked salmon filets. just flaked
the leftover salmon before drying. smelled like baked salmon while it was
drying, not a terrible smell at all. i also dehydrated some leftover cooked
basmati rice to mix with it. they rehydrated really quickly and retained a
lovely texture.

baked salmon with basmati rice was my very first meal on the AT, cooked in
my new titanium pot, on my new whisperlight stove, as i sat next to my new
clip flashlight tent which i pitched on a level spot behind stover creek
shelter. i remember how i struggled after dinner trying to hang my new food
bag with my new orange lightweight rope, and how i tossed and turned all
night long in my new sleeping bag on my new themarest. the date was march
1, 1998, and i remember it like it was yesterday.

oops, i seemed to have strayed from the subject. all i meant to say
was...try dehydrating baked salmon and basmati rice. i think you'll like it.

aprilmoon