Re: [at-l] Hitching and the AT (Fannypack? Skyline? r u guys on this?)

1.  Hike those states and you've knocked off a whopping hunk of "all of the
trail," you know.  An ambitious journey; hope you love it.

2.  I never hitched 'til I began a thruhike in '98 and it worked out fine;
it isn't safe, but neither's walking and I found I had a very decided
preference!  :)

3.  You can mail to places other than Post Offices, (hostels, motels, even
some stores) you know; and those places are likelier to be open evenings and
weekends.

4.  Town visits are a trip in themselves; I found the U.S. is still more
regional than I'd have guessed.  It's fun to meet the people.  Helps the
loneliness a whole lot.  Trail townies are used to us hikers and often just
tote us around for the fun of it.  A hike into town doesn't always mean
you'll be walking on your way back.

Just Playin' Jane