[at-l] Mr Clean - SOBO hike starting 1/1/2000

Got an e-mail from Spirit of '48.  he told me that Mr Clean, 97GA2ME, would
be in Millinocket on Dec 31 & would start a SOBO hike of the AT at Abol
bridge on 1/1.  Mr Clean is a great guy, I met him in '98 while I was doing
the VT section of the AT.  I will never forget the full chicken that Mr
Celan, Spirit of '48 & I enjoyed at the campsite just north of VT 11/30, I
think it is Bromley tenting area.  Mr Clean & Spirit bought the chicken in
Manchester Center & put it on a stick using string to hang from a tree over
the fire.  I pulled in late, as I recall it took 5 hours to cook but man (or
womyn) was it good.  I would have never thought that the full chicken could
be cooked like this, i.e., I would think it would burn, fall apart, or
whatever before it was done.. thanks Mr Clean...

Also u may have seen Mr Clean pictured on Big K in the Dec '98 edition of
Backpacker (the picture was actually taken in Oct '97).

Good Luck Mr Clean.  if anyone sees him pls report on his progress.

-FP
http://www.mountwashington.org/cam/index.html - Live View from the Summit of
Mt Washington
http://www.americasroof.com/ - U.S. Highpoints Guide