[pct-l] Snow in the Sierras?

I hope this finds all on the list having enjoyed a good Christmas with family
and/or friends and looking forward to the new millenium with excitement at
the opportunities!

My brother just returned home to San Francisco from a visit to Sedona,
Arizona in a prop plane.  He said that they crossed the Sierras around Mt.
Whitney and were amazed at the nearly total lack of snow in the high Sierra!
It has only rained at my home in Sth Calif once since June and I'm afraid it
is going to be one hell of a dry year.  Read this as a great opportunity to
thru hike IF the Cascades don't get dumped on again AND all of the marginal
water sources don't dry up!

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel